Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 9: Post 3

It has always been interesting to me what the factors are that determine what communication is. I think that the most interesting part to me is whether or not communication is intentional. To me it is intentional and non intentional. Out of all the definitions provided in the book I prefer to think of SPEECH communication as “a human process through which we make sense of the world and share that sense with others” as well as “communication is a process whereby people assign meanings to stimuli in order to make sense of the world. Another factor that determines the definition of communication is whether or not it is sender or receiver based. I agree with the view that communication is both sender and receiver oriented especially since the definition I agree with is both sender and receiver based. It is weird to think of this in real life situations, while communication is in progress and how some things are intentional and some things are not but something is always being communicated.

1 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Linderz143 said...

Nice topic-that's interesting to think of communication as it is intentional and non intentional. Good quote, “a human process through which we make sense of the world and share that sense with others” as well as “communication is a process whereby people assign meanings to stimuli in order to make sense of the world" I remember reading that in this class as well as other classes. I really has me step back and notice how I make sense of the world and how others make sense of the world within my circle of fam/friends. Yes, intentional and non intentional, communication happens both verbal and non-verbally.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home