Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week 10: Post 2

I think that the most important thing this class has taught me was to stay on top of my school work on my own. I was worried about taking an online class at first because I was not going to be verbally reminded to do my homework every day in a classroom. This class really helped me to stay organized and not procrastinate which was something I never thought I would be able to fix.

My favorite thing about this class was that it was centered around our blogs. Again, I thought that this would make the class more difficult at first and I was not excited by the idea at all but I really enjoyed being able to freely respond to discussion questions and be able to comment on others posts in an environment more interesting and practical then the desire2learn website.

My least favorite part about the class was that the journals were due at the end of the class instead of throughout the semester. I kept putting them off thinking that I had more time to do them later and ended up waiting to write my final drafts until the week before they were due. That’s obviously my fault and I know I should have been staying on top of the journals but I think they turned out pretty well anyways.

I couldn’t think of a way this class could be improved without making it too easy. I loved the class I think that this was my favorite COMM class at San Jose State.

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2010 at 9:45 PM , Blogger chubbyhub said...

After reading your post about what you liked about the class, I have to agree with you about the journals. I enjoyed writing them and it put everything into perspective as well as the deadline being at the end of the class helped a lot. I also thought this class was going to be impossible for me to get a hang out online, but staying organized was a great aid to me as well. Having the freedom to write was a great revolution and blogging made me come through the classwork, i felt like i was being heard not just overlooked. This was a great class and I am glad you enjoyed it too.

 
At August 13, 2010 at 2:39 AM , Blogger The Blogging Prof said...

Hi Eleanor - I'm glad to hear that this was one of your favorite Comm classes at SJSU. Honestly, it's one of my favorites to teach. :) Have a wonderful summer (what's left of it, anyway). :) The Blogging Prof.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home