Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 10: Post 1

To answer this question I had to go back and look at my blog posts to see which of my posts were written the easiest. When I say easiest I mean that the topic was interesting enough so that I didn’t have to make stuff up to fill the word count. The post that stuck out the most to me was the post that covered the concept of non verbal communication. I had gone over this concept in previous COMM classes and it is still one of the most interesting things to read and learn about. I find it so interesting because it is ALWAYS happening around us. Even if you try not to communicate you are communicating non verbally no matter what. I enjoyed learning more about it because there is always something new to be learned and it was also really interesting to read about other people’s experiences with non verbal communication and how they feel about it.

3 Comments:

At August 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eleanor Ribgy,
I agree that nonverbal communication is very interesting because it is always going on whether we realize it or not. For my journal entry on nonverbal communication I talked about attending my sister's baby shower and watching her and her boyfriend open gifts. It was interesting to watch my sister take complete control of the situation by grabbing all of the gifts and keeping her boyfriend from participating. Her boyfriend withdrew from the activity and stayed quiet with his arms and legs crossed. As a silent observer it is interesting to watch what people are saying to each other without words. It's always awkward to be around people that are obviously in an argument as seen by their body language, but try to pretend that everything is fine!

 
At August 10, 2010 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Linderz143 said...

Hi-
I wrote on a similiar concept, non-verbal with other cultures. Yes, non-verbal is surround by us and is always being used, with or without even knowing it. You stated, "Even if you try not to communicate you are communicating non verbally no matter what." Yes we are, even with a straight poker face, expresses us, even though we may not be in a bad mood, our face expression may show differently. Also lots of non-verbal is going on while we drive, some use their non-verbal more aggressively then others. Have a great rest of the short summer break and see you in Fall, if your taking classes then. Cheers!

 
At August 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM , Blogger thelittletomatoe said...

If you are really interested in non-verbal communication, you should check out that show “Lie to Me.” It is all about reading people’s facial expressions to determine their actual feelings and whether what they are saying is the truth or a lie. I have really enjoyed following your blog this semester. You have always had interesting insights into our subject matter, and reflected your feeling about things very clearly and concisely. I am sure you will have a lot of future success at San Jose State. Another reason I appreciated your blogs is because you did not wait until the last minute to post, which I believe is an indication that you are a great student!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home